DEADLINE EXTENDED until Sunday 24th March
We are looking for a Co-ordinator for our Straight Talking Peer Educators programme.
Position Title: 1 x Programme Co-ordinator (fixed term contract to end of March 2020)
Salary: £20,655 per annum
Hours per week: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Gateway Family Services CIC is a leading provider of services to the health and social care sector. Our aim is to reduce inequalities in learning, employment and health.
Co-ordinator required to work on Straight Talking Peer Education Service across Birmingham and surrounding areas. Straight Talking is a service that recruits young parents to deliver sessions in schools and other locations, talking to young people about topics including teen parenting, healthy relationships and sexual exploitation.
The role will involve:
- Recruitment, training and ongoing support of a team of young parents, both sessional and permanent staff at differing levels
- Engagement with vulnerable young people and organisations that support them to engage them to become Peer Educators. This includes Care Leavers, young people who have experienced gang involvement and others
- Performance and quality monitoring of delivery and individual Peer Educator performance
- Engagement with schools and other support agencies for young people to secure bookings and repeat business
- Administration for contract including financial administration and report writing
Essential requirements include experience of supervising or management of staff, preferably young people.
Applicants for this post must be willing to work flexible hours that will be set around the needs of the organisation which will at times include evenings and weekends.
This post is subject to DBS disclosure as at times the post holders will come into contact with vulnerable people.
Please note, interviews will be held on Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th April. Shortlisted applicants will need to be available on one of these days for interview.
How to apply:
Application packs can be obtained by emailing Maxine Brown firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0121 456 7820.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 24th March 2019. Completed application forms should be emailed to Maxine Brown as above.