An outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified in Birmingham, Sandwell and Solihull. That means some local restrictions are coming into place this week:
New local guidelines from 15th September
If you live in Birmingham, Solihull or Sandwell: from tomorrow, Tuesday 15 September, you should not:
- host people you do not live with, in your home or garden, unless they’re in your support bubble*
- meet people you do not live with, in their home or garden, whether inside or outside of the affected areas, unless they’re in your support bubble*
*A support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household (on an exclusive basis).
New national guidelines from 14th September
From today (Monday, 14 September), residents will also need to comply with the new ‘rule of six’ national restrictions, where it is against the law to meet people you do not live with in a group larger than six (apart from specific exemptions listed in the national guidance).
Residents should follow government advice around ‘hands, face, space’ and getting tested, including:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitiser
- Wear a face covering in appropriate scenarios (if you’re not exempt)
- Be aware of others not in your household and manage your space as much as possible. Always stay 2 metres away from people you don’t live with – or 1 metre with extra precautions (such as wearing a face covering)