Many staff working across the public sector and voluntary sector don’t know what support, or organisations are available in a neighbourhood. We are looking for a Community Connector to change this situation, and make sure all families can connect to support, help, activities, interests as part of a range of early help support.
The role involves building working relationships for Children, Young people and Families across Community, Voluntary and Statutory Organisation (including schools and training providers, Health Providers, Business and community stakeholders within the Locality Partnership).
Position: Community Connector (Edgbaston Early Help)
Location: Birmingham, covering Edgbaston
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,750 per annum (rising to £21,500pa following successful completion of Probationary Period)
Contract: Fixed term until 31st March 2022
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th June (midnight)
Interview Date: 14th and 15th June
The organisation enables communities to work collaboratively and seamlessly with all the relevant statutory agencies and third sector organisations to identify early those most in need of support and enabling the most appropriate health, education, vocational and social support and interventions within a localised community setting. This forms part of its vision to apply a family centred and preventative focus in tackling need and inequalities though partnership working
The Community Connector will engage with all the many and various community and voluntary organisations in a locality, ensuring that the diversity of the city is reflected in the mapping of assets and support.
Duties and key responsibilities include:
- Relationship building
- Community engagement and mapping
- Delivering training and support to professionals within locality to support understanding of the Early Help offer and support available
- Social Prescribing and Digital Networking
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic communicator with excellent engagement and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with young people, parents and carers who are experiencing health, wellbeing or social care difficulties.
You will have:
- Experience of working in an engagement role with diverse community settings with statutory and third sector organisations
- Experience of working with organisations that support vulnerable children, young people, families or groups
- An understanding of information sharing, consent and confidentiality issues and risks
- Experience and understanding of the importance of equalities, diversity and inclusion
- An understanding of the lived experience of individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds
You may also have experience in areas such as Community Development Worker, Social Service, Social Services, Support Worker, Care Worker, Early Help, Social Work, Youth, Youth Worker, Support Service, Vulnerable Adult, Care, Care and Support, Social Care, Community Support, Community, Children, Young People, Family, Community Project Officer, Community Partnerships Manager, Community Partnerships Officer, Community Engagement Officer, Community Engagement
Application Form GFS May 2021 (please return to email@example.com)
Applications can also be requested by telephone by calling Maxine Brown on 0121 456 7820 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org