We have an exciting opportunity for a tenacious, creative Communications and Marketing Manager to ensure the organisation has a clear brand in line with its values and ethos.
Position: Communications and Marketing Manager
Hours: Full time (37 per week)
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, flexible working including home working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
Closing Date: Monday 11th October 2021 (midnight)
Interview Date: Friday 15th/Monday 18th October
As a member of the organisations management team, you will steer all marketing and communication activity including writing, editing, co-ordinating and publishing content across various channels, including web site, social media, video and print maintaining a clear and consistent organisational voice.
You will oversee the planning and implementation of communications and marketing campaigns with a clear understanding of who the audiences are and work with the services to effectively engage them.
Duties and key responsibilities include:
- Managing the web site and all social media profiles
- Ensure consistency in messages coming out from different services and on different platforms
- Work with frontline staff teams to encourage and facilitate the creation of media content and products in a variety of digital and physical formats
- Design content with a view to search engine optimisation
- Deliver in-house communications and social media training
- Support the charity in linking what it already does to wider national public health campaigns related to the sector, e.g. Stoptober, Mental Health Awareness week, Campaign Against Loneliness
- Provide communications support for campaigns and events
- Design marketing materials and compile service newsletters (we currently use mailchimp)
- Explore and test ways of utilising data for reporting, promotion and marketing
- Contribute to the development of a record of evidence and statistical information to inform current commissioners and attract new business
- Advise on organisational communication in relation to enquiries from press, politicians etc. but also the communicating of internal messages
We are looking for an energetic communicator with excellent engagement and interpersonal skills and a high level of detail and accuracy.
You will have:
- Experience in a similar role with experience of designing marketing and presentation materials
- Knowledge of how to communicate with diverse audiences and audiences at all levels
- Knowledge of how to effectively market new services/initiatives
- Experience of designing marketing graphics for social media
- Practical knowledge and use of useful tools (WordPress, mailchimp, canva being some examples)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (word, excel etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Social Media
- IT competent using a range of Microsoft packages and online tools
You may also have experience in areas such as Digital Marketing, Digital Communications, Digital Advertising, Communications Officer, Digital, Marketing, Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Digital Fundraising, Marketing Executive, Marketing Manager, etc. Communications, Communications and Engagement, Engagement, Digital, Digital Communications, Content, Corporate Partnerships, Supporter Engagement, Fundraising, Supporter, Programme, Programme Manager, Homelessness, Vulnerable Adult, Housing, Policy, Media, Donor, Major Donor, Marketing, Marketing and Communications, Marketing and Digital, Digital Communication, Digital Engagement, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Brand, PR, Public Relations, External Relations.
Previous Applicants need not apply
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an application form: Application Form GFS May 2021
If you require any further information about the role please contact Maxine Brown on 0121 456 7820 or emailing email@example.com