We have an opportunity for a Health and Wellbeing Promotion Officer who will support our Solihull Lifestyle Service by building strong and lasting links with support and referral organisations within Solihull, agreeing referral pathways and ensuring partners can easily access appropriate support for service users.
Position: Health and Wellbeing Promotion Officer
Hours: Full time
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Contract: Fixed term to end of March 2022 (with potential for extension beyond this)
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
Closing Date: Sunday 1st August (midnight)
Interview Date: TBC
The Health and Wellbeing Promotion Officer will work closely with the Solihull Lifestyle Service Lead to source and engage partner organisations across Solihull to generate inbound referrals to the service. They will make initial links and agree referral pathways, escalating discussion to the Service Lead as appropriate.
The Promotion Officer will also identify and flag potential partnerships that can add value to the Lifestyles offer through cross working and providing holistic support to service users. They will form a key part of the team, working alongside Advisors to arrange and manage events to promote the service to both professionals and partners as well as members of the Solihull community and potential service users.
Duties and key responsibilities include:
- Source and promote the service to new and existing partners and referral agencies including Primary Care and NHS professionals, Local Authority partners and community organisations
- Agree referral pathways where appropriate to ensure easy access to the service from service users
- Identify potential venues for delivery of group and one to one activity
- Ensure promotional materials reflect offer and supplies are available for use
- Utilise Social Media channels to promote the service
We are looking for an energetic communicator with excellent engagement and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of partners and service users to actively promote the service.
You will have:
- Experience of health or service promotion to a range of partners and organisations
- Knowledge of VCSE organisations within the area
- Good administration and record keeping skills
- Good IT and Microsoft word packages (spreadsheets etc.) skills
- The ability to use social media, ICT and digital platforms competently
- The ability to manage time and prioritize own workload
Alternatively you can request an application form by calling Maxine Brown on 0121 456 7820 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org