Closing Date: Wed 11th May 5pm
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Location: West Birmingham
Hours: Part-time, 10 hours a week (flexible working offered)
Salary: £10.40 per hour
Contract: Fixed term to the end of March 2023
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, hybrid working where the role allows, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
We are looking for an Outreach Worker to work as a Maternity Navigator providing outreach support to encourage women to achieve a healthy pregnancy and to improve health outcomes for children from preconception to two and a half years old within Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups.
As Maternity Navigator, you will be responsible for improving expectant mothers’ mental health and wellbeing and increasing the number of healthy pregnancies. This includes areas of support such as reducing expectant mothers’ smoking, increasing breastfeeding of babies, increasing the uptake of immunisation and improving speech and language development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor the progress of each expectant parent and their baby
- Engage with parents and their children to ensure that all the children have access to a Wellcomm screening.
- Reduce digital exclusion by supporting parents’ access to on-line appointments.
- Provide a safe and supportive contact point for women to enable discussion on how they feel on discovering pregnancy.
- Offering emotional and practical support to women and their families on issues surrounding pregnancy either in clinics, community venues or in their homes.
- Support women with lifestyle and behavioural change in order to improve their own health during pregnancy.
- Delivery of health promotion sessions in relation to giving up smoking, nutrition, exercise etc
- Promote early pregnancy booking through information sharing, support, assistance and reminders
- Provide practical support to ensure attendance at ante-natal clinics; accompanying women where necessary.
- Work with local Pharmacists to promote free pregnancy testing services.
- Develop relationships with key partners.
- Provide a range of advice and guidance around the services available to in relation to pregnancy
- Promote breastfeeding, ensuring appropriate links are made with breastfeeding support services.
As Maternity Navigator, you will have knowledge of maternity and health services and community support services.
You will have experience of:
- Early Years
- Working directly with services users or other vulnerable groups
- Working in the community
You may also have experience in areas such as Outreach, Community Outreach, Health, Mental Health, Social Care, Social Welfare, Health Outreach, Mental Health Outreach, Social Care Outreach, Social Welfare Outreach, Family Outreach, Outreach Worker, Community Outreach Worker, Health Worker, Mental Health, Social Care, Social Welfare, Health Outreach Worker, Mental Health Outreach Worker, Social Care Outreach Worker, Social Welfare Outreach Worker, Family Outreach Worker, Health Support Worker, Care Worker, Support Worker, Maternity Support, Maternity Support Worker, Maternity Outreach, Maternity Care, Early Year, Early Years Worker, Nursery Worker, Nursery Nurse.
To apply please send in a covering letter highlighting how you meet the specification together with your CV.
If you require any further information about the role please contact Maxine Brown on 0121 456 7820 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org