Closing Date: Wed 11th May 5pm
Interview Date: to be confirmed
Hours: Up to 30
Salary: £19,048 pro-rata
Benefits: The provision of workplace wellbeing support and activities, hybrid working where the role allows, flexible working and a range of family friendly policies and subsidised parking.
We have an opportunity for a Triage Administrator to provide administrative support across team with a primary focus on support within the Solihull Lifestyle Service Team.
As Triage Administrator you will support the team with administration-based activity including an occasional presence at community events for the team.
Duties and key responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact to anyone accessing the service providing an initial image that is welcoming, professional and informative
- To eligibility check new referrals and gather the registration information
- Guide individuals through the pathway ensuring where they have choices they are fully informed
- Gather responses to pre-determined questions that will provide monitoring and evaluation information and enter this into the system
- Direct individuals to alternative sources of help or support
- Accurate and timely updating and completion of service user records
- Liaise with colleagues including Community Wellbeing Advisors to ensure service users are contacted within agreed service levels
- Deal with questions and queries
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and positive administrator with excellent interpersonal skills who can prioritise their own work and show drive, initiative and commitment.
You may also have experience in areas such as Admin, Administrator, Administration, Locality, Locality Administrator, Service Administrator, Service Coordinator, Scheme Administrator, Scheme Coordinator, Family Support, Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Support Assistant, Care and Support Worker, Social Care, Social Care Worker, Care Admin, Care Administrator, Care Administration, Case Worker, Case Coordinator, Customer Service, Customer Support, Help, Help and Information, Advice and Information.
To apply please send in a covering letter highlighting how you meet the specification together with your CV.
If you require any further information about the role please contact Maxine Brown on 0121 456 7820 or emailing email@example.com