As a Social Prescribing Link Worker, you will have a Level 3 qualification in a relevant field (Health & Social Care, Health Trainer, Health Improvement, Community Family Worker, Psychology) or be working towards/willing to work towards.
You will have:
- Demonstrable commitment to professional and personal development
- Experience of working directly in a community-based context (including unpaid work)
- Experience of supporting people with a mental health needs and or complexities/vulnerabilities
- Experience of delivering one to one support
- Experience of partnership/collaborative working and of building relationships across a variety of organisations
- Knowledge of VCSE and community services in the locality
- Understanding of the wider determinants of health, including social, economic and environmental factors and their impact on communities, individuals, their families and carers
- Understanding of the barriers faced by those living in isolation
- Knowledge of IT systems including ability to use word processing skills, emails, the internet and able to create simple plans and reports
- Ability to complete paperwork, keep records and carry out own administration
- An interview is guaranteed to suitably qualified and experienced people with disabilities and all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
You may also have experience in areas such as Floating Support, Befriending, Community Family Worker, Social Worker, Community Navigator, Peer Support Worker, Welfare Support, Family Worker, Family Support Worker, Benefit, Care, Therapeutic, Therapy, Advice, Adviser, Health, Wellbeing, Social Care, Social Care Services, Health and Social Care.